Basque Style Chicken
Posted By 04 Mar 0 Comment(s) 263 View(s) Recipes
Preparation: 20 min.
Cooking time: 1 h.
Ingredients for 6:
- 1 chicken, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 700 g sweet peppers (green and red)
- 3 onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves 1 glass white wine
- 3 dessert spoons Hediard vinegar and sweet pepper pulp and P.D.O. Espelette pepper
- Hediard olive oil
- 1 bundle mixed herbs
- Hediard salt, pepper
- Heat 4 dessert spoons of Hediard olive oil in a large saucepan
- Lightly brown the onions, pressed garlic, and the sweet peppers cut into strips
- Leave to cook for 5 min
- Wash and skin the tomatoes
- Cut them into pieces and add to the sweet peppers in the saucepan
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cover and leave to simmer for 20 min
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, and brown in the olive oil in a wide, shallow pan
- Add the chicken pieces to the vegetables, then the bundle of herbs, the white wine, and the Hediard vinegar and sweet pepper pulp and P.D.O. Espelette pepper
- Cover, and cook for 35 minutes.